19 April 2024

EVO at Last


Golden Bay Air's Britten Norman BN2A-26 Islander ZK-EVO entered service on the 19th of November 2022 operating the morning Takaka to Wellington service. The Islander, purchased after the collapse of Fly My Sky, had flown to Nelson on 16th of August 2021 where local aircraft engineering company Repaircraft did a superb job of readying the Islander for service with Golden Bay Air. 

Up to now it has eluded me but I was delighted to see it scheduled to fly to Wellington when I had time after a meeting... Despite the bitingly cold wind it was worth that wait...

Also great to meet up Wellington/Kāpiti spotter Tim Gorman, aka ZKaviation... a most enjoyable afternoon Tim


Golden Bay Air's BN Islander ZK-EVO arriving into Wellington from Takaka on 19 April 2024








Golden Bay Air's BN Islander ZK-EVO departing Wellington for Nelson on 19 April 2024





4 comments:

  1. So they also fly Wellington to Nelson from your picture (5th to last)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not normally but definitely went into Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to meet you Steve, sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! My wife and I stayed at Takaka for a few days after attending Omaka 23. Sadly, every time that I passed Takaka airport, the Islander was sleeping. Maybe next time... I did get to see their Airvan and PA-28.

    Really enjoying reading your blog and viewing your images.

    ReplyDelete