26 August 2018

Researching...

This is a repeat of an earlier post... I am working on a post on the history of the Dominion/ Dominion Post being flown across Cook Strait and I am looking for information on the operators that have flown the service...

Thanks to those who have sent information and photos... I am however still looking for more to fill out the post which I will publish on 11 November 2018... 

The service has been operated by a number of operators as follows...


Would anyone happen to have any photos of aircraft on the newspaper run???

If you have can you contact me at westland831@gmail.com

I also have a few specific questions about the air service. But it would be really nice to get some personal experience on any of the operators just to give the history a little flavour... What was the normal routine for the pilot in terms of route, loading/unloading, carrying passengers??? any unusual stories???

CAPITAL AIR SERVICES

JAMES AIR The Dominion newspaper flight was a pure freight flight and didn't appear in their timetable. Can any pilot tell me from their logbook what was routine on the daily freight run? I know the 402 and 404 Titan were used on the service. Was the Aero Commander ever used???

The MARLBOROUGH AERO CLUB operated the service for a matter of a few weeks in 1981 with a Beech Baron. Do you know the registration of the Baron the Club used???

WELLINGTON AERO CLUB used Cessna 320 Skyknight, ZK-EGN on the run for some months in 1981. Can any pilot tell me from their logbook what was routine on the daily freight run?

AIR ALBATROSS

SKYFERRY were the successors to Air Albatross. The flight was a pure freight flight and didn't appear in their timetable. Can any pilot tell me from their logbook what was routine on the daily freight run?

FIELDAIR FREIGHT

FLIGHT CORPORATION

VINCENT AVIATION

SOUNDS AIR

Thanks in advance for your help

No comments:

Post a Comment