13 January 2017

CDK just flew past my back door...

I had taken this photo at Hamilton on 18 December 2016 and it has been sitting there ever since... I love Aero Commanders... I would love to see one in airline service to get a ride in one.

A few more photos I missed downloading from my camera... Vans RV-8 at Tauranga on 6 December 2016

Departing Thames was Skywork Helicopters Aerospatiale Squirrel on 13 December 2016

Back at Tauranga the following day, CTC Aviation's Diamond DA42 ZK-CTN on 14 December 2016

Middle Earth Flying School's Tecnam P2006T ZK-MTW was at Tauranga on 14 December 2016

A couple of Bombardier Q300s at Tauranga on 14 December 2016 - ZK-NEC above and ZK-NEP below

On 14 December 2016 Czech Aircraft Works Sportcruiser ZK-WGK was heading home to Whakatane from Tauranga 

4 comments:

  1. I wonder why NEC and a few other Q300s haven't been repainted into the new livery - is it purely that they haven't had time yet or is ANZ trying to save money because they know those q300s will be leaving soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does everybody think Air NZ is about to retire any Q300s? Granted they are getting on, but my understanding is these workhorses have plenty of life left in them.

      Delete
    2. Based on what ANZ has been historically doing with its fleet consolidation, it makes sense that they will eventually move into a single prop type for regional services. It makes huge economic sense.

      Delete
  2. Re the Aero Commander photo - I actually flew in the Bay of Plenty Airways Aero Commander in January of 1959 -Tauranga to Auckland.Can pinpoint the time as "Golden Master" had beached on Matakana Island at the time.

    ReplyDelete